Goals for 2011

Goals for 2011

With 6 months of all this weight loss business under my belt, it's time to switch some things up for 2011.  Here are the goals that I have for Christmas:

1.) Change what I eat.  I've been eating the same thing for 6 months. It's time to try new things in the new year, new cooking methods, etc.

2.) Lose enough weight to ride a bicycle. More than anything, the one thing I miss is riding a bicycle. It's been 11 years since I've been able to ride one, and I crave it daily. The more bike riding I'm able to do, the more successful I will be at keeping this weight off.

3.) Train for the bridge run on April 2, 2011.  Every year, Charleston holds the Cooper River bridge Run...and this year, I am participating. I can't wait, but I've got to be ready.

4.) Start shopping at thrift stores.  Buying new clothes is getting expensive and is a waste of money, considering I will only wear them a couple months.

5.) Ramp up the physical fitness. I've started weight training, now it's time to take it to another level.  But not too much...I don't want to burn out.

6.) And finally, I want to get off the Coumadin.  The anti-coagulant ("blood thinner") medication I take daily has a list of side effects as long as the US Constitution.  It has saved my life, but I'm ready to stop taking it.

Hope you're able to meet some of your goals for 2011.  I hope everyone has a happy and healthy New Year!